1. Describe briefly the requirements of earthquake resistant building? 
2. Define bridge. Enlist the characteristics of ideal bridge. 
3. Write down the assumption of Rankine’s theory and derive the expression for active and passive pressures. 
4. a) Discuss the various factors that affect the permeability of soil. 
b) Explain the uses of bio-engineering in stabilizing slopes. 
5. What is water hammer? Explain causes, effects of water hammer. Write the function of forebay. [2+4+4]
6. Derive the relationship between Duty, Delta and Base period. Find delta for sugarcane when the duty is 730 ha/cumec on the field and base period of crop 110 day. [5+5]
7. Explain with figure about hydrological cycle. 
8. Describe the importance of STOLPorts in the context of topography of Nepal and their role in the economic development of Nepal. 
9. What are the elements of highway cross-section? Calculate the extra widening required for a pavement of width 7.0 m on a horizontal curve of radius 200 m if the tangent wheel base of vehicle expected on the road is 6.5 km. Design speed is 65 kmph. [4+6]
10. What are the different causes of traffic accidents? Discuss briefly. Explain various measures that may be taken to prevent accidents. [5+5]
11. Write the differences between BES, IEE and EIA on the basis of EPA 2019 and EPR 2020? 
12. Compare Trickling filter with Activated sludge process. Design a activated sludge unit treatment for a town with the following data: [2+2+6]
Population=65,000, Sewage contribution = 210 lpcd, BOD of raw sewage = 210 mg/l, BOD removal in primary treatment = 40%, Overall BOD removal required = 90%.
For related content, visit our website. If you need any assistance or have questions about the Nepal Engineering Service Civil Engineer Sample Questions post, feel free to contact us. We’re here to help you.